I did a poll on twitter a little while ago to see who'd be interested in a skincare post, and due to the positive response here we are! I'm going to share my daily essentials with you, including both products and rituals, so without further ado let's get started!
1) After wearing a full face of makeup at work everyday it's vital for me that I take it all off before I go to bed - there is literally no worse feeling than waking up with flaky mascara from the day before! The easiest and fastest way for me to do this is to grab a cotton pad, soak it in this Botanics Micellar solution and just wipe away until the pad comes clean. It's soooo much more effective than face wipes, and although I do enjoy a good cleansing balm it's nice to have a less greasy, more straightforward option. AND it will only set you back £2.50... b b b bargainnn
2) Pre-moisturising. Oh yes, long gone are the days of simply washing your face and slapping on your favourite moisturiser, but this added step has become a much-loved part of my routine. A firm favourite of mine is the popular La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo[+], which aims to correct blemishes, unclog blocked pores, refine skin texture and minimise shine. It makes my skin feel so fresh when I apply a thin layer before my moisturiser and I would definitely recommend it to anyone! I've just run out of this so I'm branching out to something new and giving Indeed Labs Pepta-Bright Even Tone Skin Enhancer a go instead, fingers crossed I love this too!
3) Moisturising is probably my favourite part of the routine as nothing feels better than putting a load of nourishing goodness back into my face after cleansing and prepping, especially at this time of the year! One moisturiser I will ALWAYS keep coming back to is Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion, I really can't get enough of the stuff.
It's everything that I could want from a face cream - fast absorbing, non-greasy, fragrance free (perfect for sensitive skin) and effective enough to really protect your face in the colder months. It basically feels like your skin is getting a huge warm fluffy hug from a soft blanket. <3 And again, this will only set you back just over a fiver so it's really worth grabbing some next time you're shopping.
5) DRINK LOTS. Of wine. Just kidding, water obviously, but seriously this makes such a difference to my skin. I keep a 1.5 litre bottle of water by my desk every day and just guzzle as much of that as I can while I'm working. This keeps my skin feeling really plumped up and fresh but has a number of other benefits too. On lazy days when I just drink cup after cup of coffee I can really notice the difference and feel so much less awake and alert than when I'm properly hydrated, so yeah, drink up guys!
6) A little helping hand alongside all this pampering doesn't go amiss! I'm nearly through my second box of these LQ Liquid Health drinks* and I absolutely love how easy these shot-like supplements are to incorporate into my routine. With an impressive ingredients list (Marine Collagen, Silicon, Resveratrol, Biotin, Selenium, Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E) it's no wonder that these supplements have such high reviews from users like myself! After regular use I noticed my skin looking and feeling more plump, glowy and generally more 'awake', kind of like I'd just had a facial.
Want to treat your skin to a little pre-crimbo pick me up with your own set of LQ Liquid Health drinks? Enter my giveaway below and a brand new box of these miracle workers could be on your doorstep in a couple of weeks!
*UK entrants only
Thanks so much for reading my top tips on taking care of my skin. If you've got some advice to add to my list then please feel free to share it in the comments, and good luck with the giveaway!
♥ Keep up to date by following me on: ♥
*post contains press sample but all opinions are my own