As Halloween is just ONE day away now, I thought I'd share my top 5 treats for anyone who might be dashing out later to do a last minute sweet run! It can be a bit of a pain checking labels and googling ingredients when on the hunt for something to satisfy sugar cravings so here are my favourite foods that I know I can go back to again and again!
1) OREOS! Yes, all hail the vegan oreo! As they changed their recipe at the end of last year oreos have fast become one of my favourite snacks and guilty pleasures. There is some dispute about cross contamination with milk but I think most companies always say that just to cover their backs in case of any allergy issues, so they're definitely vegan in my books.
2) Starburst - these juicy sweets have always been a favourite of mine and I was so happy when I recently learnt that they were vegan-friendly! The big share bags they do are such a good idea if you want to get a little something in for trick or treaters (or yourself of course!).
3) Love Hearts. 'Tease Me', 'Tickle Monster' and even 'Yes Bruv' are just a few of the endearing messages you may find on these iconic treats. I've always been a fan of these and can easily get through too many packets if I'm not careful!
4) Sainsbury's Fizzy Fangs - not only are these completely delicious, they're also absolutely perfect for Halloween and any vampires that might be making an appearance. Be careful though, they're devilishly moreish!
5) Last but not least, we have Flying Saucers! Who knew that edible rice paper and sherbet made such a great combination, eh? I've loved these ever since I was a kid and am extremely happy to learn that I can still enjoy them as a vegan.
I hope someone can benefit from this list, even if I've just saved one reader from tediously google searching ingredients it's been worth it! Let me know if you have any other suggestions to share and have a wonderful Halloween however you choose to spend it!
♥ Keep up to date by following me on: ♥